Letter to the invited club members
As a member of both, I have been involved simultaneously in organizing activities regarding young members.
In February 2017, I proposed to the young members and respective Board of Directors of both clubs the organisation on an Inter-Club event, whereby those young members would visit each other first in Madrid and after in Amsterdam.
With the enthusiastic backing of the Jongeren Tafel of the Industrieele Groote Club and the further support of the young members of the Real Gran Peña we further decided to invite those other clubs from across Europe which shared a relationship with either of the clubs, in order to encourage their young members to join and participate.
As planned, this event took place in Madrid the weekend of the 26-28th of May of 2017 at Real Gran Peña premises. In was the I Young European Inter-club Weekend and the attendants’ expectations were totally surpassed. A total of 10 club participated.
As a response to this first event – and as planned- the Jongeren Tafel of the Koninklijke Industrieele Groote Club invited the young members of the Real Gran Peña to visit their club the weekend of 27-28th October 2017. A new 25 clubs were invited to join. The II Young European Inter-club Weekend took place and once again, surpassed all the attendants’ expectations. 25 clubs and 80 members joined the second Inter-Club.
A year after, the 21-23rd September 2018, and as a joint venture by the young members of the Automobile Club de France and the Cercle de L’Union Interallié it was organized the III Young European Inter-club Weekend with 38 clubs from across europe and 180 participants. The figures speak by themselves, so as the feedback comments of from all the participants resumed as: “Excellent, excellent, excellent”
Now, again, a third year on a row, the weekend of the 27-29 of september took place the IV Young European Inter-club weekend as a joint venture between the Círculo del Liceo and Círculo Ecuestre. 32 clubs 200 members, and for the first time, and overwhelming presence for the first time clubs of England. Excellent weekeend for all. We look forward now to London 2020 to put in common the following:
GOLD ALLIANCE OBJECTIVES:
(1) Serve as a networking platform and strengthen ties between members of the participating clubs.
(2) Promote Inter-club relationships across Europe on an institutional level.
(3) Promote the history, tradition, values and heritage of our clubs and countries.
(4) Encourage the participation of club members of all ages and gender in future Inter-club activities.
(5) Encourage the participation and integration of young members in the Inter-club network.
(6) Develop the Gold Alliance organization brand: a Pan-European organization with the aim of promoting the aforementioned objectives and events on a scheduled regular basis.
(7) Individual freedom: Respect the human diversity on race, religion or gender.
(8) Private property: Attach-to and respect any club’s norms, history and traditions.
(9) Free enterprise: In the human and business level. By joining and putting in common shared interests and by exchanging and creating value.
(10) The global fight against A.L.S.: Gold Alliance has a self-imposed will to fight A.L.S. across the globe hence, it will allocate a percentage of the revenue of the most costly event to a local foundation that supports ALS ill people.
As mentioned, please join us in London the in the V European Inter-club weekend. We can only expect a magnificent event organized by the host clubs, to build our networks, club and countries history and shared European values.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Founder of the Gold Alliance
Barcelona · IV Young European Inter-Club Weekend